What Do We Do in Light of the Scandals?
What can we do
as members of
the Body of Christ
in light of the scandals?
1. We can be grateful that a spotlight has finally been shone on the heinous crimes and
cover-up in the Church
2. We can thank God and pray for the good, holy Bishops and Priests who have been
and are faithful shepherds and servants who are now living under this dark pall.
3. We can be informed and remain prudent through following, subscribing to and
sharing trustworthy Catholic news outlets. Unfortunately, not all resources that call
themselves Catholic uphold the teaching of the Catholic Church.
You can rely on these sources:
4. We can strive to grow in holiness ourselves and to lead our families in holiness by
knowing and living the beautiful and sound teachings of our Church.
5. We can pray, fast and make reparation for our own sins and the sins of the Church
and of the world.
Attend daily Mass when possible
Go to Adoration weekly or more frequently
Choose to Fast from food, or social media or something that is a sacrifice for you one or two days a week.
Learn why fasting is a powerful spiritual weapon - the Catholic Gentleman.